2017 MSc Scholarships for Tanzanian Students at Sokoine University of Agriculture
The Sokoine University of Agriculture is offering two (2) MSc scholarships for Tanzanian students. These scholarships are awarded within the field of risk assessment, value addition and marketability of fish, fish products and by-products in Lake Victoria basin.
The aim of the scholarships is to support higher education and training of Tanzanian scholars working or with the potential to work in research and academic institutions. Selected MSc candidates will register as full-time MSc students at SUA in Tanzania.
The project is supported by the Danish Development Agency (DANIDA) and is carried out in the Lake Victoria basin of Tanzania.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing MSc programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded within the field of risk assessment, value addition and marketability of fish, fish products and by-products in Lake Victoria basin.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover tuition fees, a monthly stipend and research costs based on successful deliverables.
Scholarship can be taken in Tanzania
- Holders of Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine (BVM), Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Fish Health and Safety related fields or other equivalent degrees in relevant fields in natural and environmental sciences.
- Having admission or evidence of submitted application documents for admission to pursue MSc at SUA from 2016/17 Academic year.
- Highly motivated individuals to develop a scientific career and with the ability to complete MSc studies within two years.
- Interested in undertaking research in aquatic resources in Lake Victoria Basin in Tanzania.
- Not already enrolled in a sponsored MSc programme.
- Willingness to work in a team and a strong ambition to accomplish the research goals of the project.
- Good academic records /transcripts.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good command of spoken and written English.
- Perspectives on the future use of MSc skills for teaching, research and extension; as well as for self-employment under the Private sector.
- Full-time availability from October 2016 for a period of 2 years.
Nationality: The positions are only available to applicants from Tanzania.
How to Apply: Potential candidates are hereby invited to submit an application letter, curriculum vitae, academic transcripts and certificates, 2 names of academic referees whereby at least one of them being the immediate work supervisors and a one-page concept note. The concept note should contain an outline of the rationale for the proposed study, objectives, methodological approach and expected outputs. Applications MUST reach the project coordinator by 14th October 2016. Successful applicants will be notified by 15th October 2016. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 14th October 2016.