2018 Chevening Scholarships for 1,500 Students – Study in UK
Every year, the Chevening offer fully funded study abroad scholarships to over 1,500 students from international countries including Africa. This year, they have mapped out funds to sponsor about 1,500 set of students to study in top universities in the United Kingdom (UK).
These scholarships are awarded to outstanding professionals from your country and beyond to pursue a one-year master’s degree in any subject at any UK university.
Eligibility: To be eligible for a Chevening Award you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years’ work experience (this may be up to five years for fellowship programmes, so please refer to your country page for further details)
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 12 July 2018
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 12 July 2018.
Chevening accepts English language tests from five providers:
- Academic IELTS
- Pearson PTE Academic
- TOEFL iBT
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CEA)
- Trinity ISE II (B2)
Interested and qualified candidates are to visit the official application website and navigate to your country’s application centre in order to start your application. Only documents in PDF format can be uploaded to the online application system, and documents cannot be over 5MB in size.