Commonwealth Scholarships for Masters & PhD Students From Developing Countries To study in the UK, 2017
Commonwealth Scholarship & Fellowship Plan (CSFP) is pleased to offer scholarships to citizens of all Commonwealth countries to study in member countries. Scholarships are available for masters degree progammes in any subject at participating universities. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Hosting Countries): at participating universities | Bangladesh, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Pakistan, Rwanda, Swaziland and Uganda
Level: masters degree program at participating universities.
Field(s): any subject.
Deadline: 10 March 2017 at midnight GMT.
Funded By: Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan is targeted for Students from developing Commonwealth countries: Botswana, Cameroon, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Bangladesh, Brunei Darussalam, India, Malaysia, Maldives, Pakistan, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Saint Lucia, St Kitts and Nevis, St Vincent and The Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Cyprus,
Malta, United Kingdom, Australia, Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga,
Tuvalu and Vanuatu (except for which they are applying i.e. Bangladesh, Botswana, Cameroon, Caribbean (Barbados, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago), Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, South Pacific (Fiji, Samoa) and Sri Lanka) can apply for these commonwealth scholarships.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Not Known
‣ Scholarship covers: The scholarships provide :
Return economy airfare from the scholar’s home country to the host country
An arrival allowance of USD 500 to cover removal costs
Full tuition fees
A monthly/quarterly stipend intended to cover living costs, sustenance and local transport. Scholars will need to cover accommodation costs from their stipend.
‣ The Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) is a unique programme. Since its establishment in 1959, it has provided opportunities for over 30,000 citizens of all Commonwealth countries to study in other member countries.
‣ Since the scholarships have traditionally been supported by host governments, the overwhelming majority have been hosted by developed Commonwealth countries.
‣ Now, following the establishment of the CSFP endowment fund in 2009, a new strand of Commonwealth Scholarships located in low and middle income countries is available.
To be eligible for the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan , candidates must have :
‣ Applicants must be a citizen of any Commonwealth country other than the host country.
‣ Applicants must hold a first degree of upper second class standard (or above) in a discipline relevant to that in which study is proposed
‣ Successful applicants will be notified within three months of the closing date.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Email the completed Application form to the email address detailed on the relevant country page above.
‣ With your application you should submit:
High school certificates
Undergraduate transcripts and graduation certificate
Scan of photo page of passport
Proof of English language ability if English is not your first language
At least one academic reference
University offer letter for the institution you have applied to, if you already have one
Bangladesh – University of Dhaka, one scholarship available (all Master’s courses) – find out more and apply
Botswana – University of Botswana, one scholarship available (MSc Mechanical Engineering only) – find out more and apply
Ghana – Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), two scholarships available (all Master’s courses) – find out more and apply
Ghana – University of Ghana, one scholarship available (all Master’s courses) – find out more and apply
Kenya – Kenyatta University, Maseno University, Moi University, The Technical University of Kenya, and/or University of Nairobi, three scholarships available (all Master’s courses) – find out more and apply
Mauritius – University of Mauritius, one scholarship available (all Master’s courses) – find out more and apply
Pakistan – COMSATS Institute of Information Technology (CIIT), three scholarships available (various Master’s subjects) – find out more and apply
Swaziland – University of Swaziland, one scholarship available (Agricultural, Environmental, Food, and Animal Sciences Master’s only) – find out more and apply
Tanzania – University of Dar es Salaam, one scholarship available (Agriculture, Climate Change, Economics, Engineering, and Natural Resources courses only) – find out more and apply
Uganda – Islamic University in Uganda, Mbarara University of Science and Technology, Uganda Christian University, and/or Uganda Martyrs University, two scholarships available (various Master’s subjects) – find out more and apply
West Indies – University of the West Indies, one scholarship available (various Master’s subjects) – find out more and apply
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 10 March 2017 at midnight GMT.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.