Erasmus International Credit Mobility Scholarships For 27 Countries
Erasmus International Credit Mobility Scholarships programme is open which allows UMinho to receive/send students, teaching and non-teaching staff from/to 27 partner countries outside Europe. These scholarships are available for students as well as teaching and non-teaching staff of UMinho and partner universities.
The aim of the scholarships is to provide opportunities for more than 4 million Europeans to study, train and gain work experience and perform volunteer work abroad, supporting cooperation and the development of partnerships between European institutions and other parts of the world.
The International Credit Mobility (ICM) is part of the Key Action 1 of the Erasmus+ Programme and allows a Higher Education Institution (HEI) in a partner country to send students, teaching and non-teaching staff into studying, teaching and training missions to an HEI in a Program country and vice versa.
Course Level: These scholarships are available for students and teaching and non-teaching staff.
Study Subject: These scholarships are awarded in the fields offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: These scholarships will cover the followings:
- Stay Allowance
- Students mobility (SMS) Mobility periods: 5 months From UMinho to the partner countries: 650 EUR/month From the partner countries to UMinho: 800 EUR/month
- Staff mobility (STA / STT) Mobility periods: 5 days + 2 travel days. The per diem amount: From UMinho to the partner countries: 160 EUR/day From the partner countries to UMinho: 120 EUR/day
- Travel distances-Amount
- Between 100 and 499 km 180 EUR
- Between 500 and 1999 km 275 EUR
- Between 2000 and 2999 km 360 EUR
- Between 3000 and 3999 km 530 EUR
- Between 4000 and 7999 km 820 EUR
- 8000 km or more 1100 EUR
Number of Scholarships: UMOVE (ME) has a total of 189 scholarships:
- 53 scholarships for students from partner countries to study at UMinho (SMS IN);
- 12 scholarships for students from UMinho to carry out a mobility period at HEIs in partner countries (SMS OUT);
- 44 grants for teaching staff from partner countries to teach at UMinho (STA IN);
- 25 grants for teaching staff from UMinho to teach at HEIs in partner countries (STA OUT);
- 34 grants for non-teaching staff from partner countries to carry out training missions at UMinho (STT IN);
- 21 grants for non-teaching staff from UMinho to carry out training missions at HEIs from partner countries (STT OUT
Scholarship can be taken at UMinho or the partner Higher Education institutions.
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Students must be enrolled at UMinho or in a partner Institution of Higher Education and enrolled in a level of studies leading to a recognized degree or a tertiary level of recognized qualification.
- For Undergraduate and Integrated Master Studies: students must be enrolled at least in the second year of their higher studies to be eligible to undertake a period of mobility.
- For Master Studies: students must have completed at least one semester at the institution of origin before completing a period of mobility.
- For Doctorate Studies: students must have completed at least one year of studies and already have a research project.
- Teaching and non-teaching Staff: must have a contractual relationship with UMinho or a partner institution in order to be eligible to apply for a scholarship.
Nationality: Applicants must be students of UMinho or the partner Higher Education institutions
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be students of UMinho or the partner Higher Education institutions are entitled to apply as long as they are registered and enrolled in a course from the first, second or third cycle of studies
English Language Requirement: Applicants must have sufficient knowledge of the language of instruction of the host university.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online mode.
- Copy of the passport (or other identification documents);
- Curriculum Vitae, using the Europass format; – Certificates of language skills (compulsory,
- if required by the host institution); – Letter of Motivation (maximum one page), explaining the reasons for the application, specific competencies, academic interests, professional experience, commitment to return to the country of origin and benefits that the mobility grant will bring to the candidate and its context;
- Proof of registration/contractual relationship with UMinho/Partner Institutions.
- Students/Teaching and non-teaching staff from Partner Universities who wish to carry out a mobility period under UMOVE(ME) must submit their application online. Students/Teaching and non-teaching Staff from the University of Minho who wish to carry out a mobility period under UMOVE(ME) must submit their application online.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is October 31, 2017.