Harriet Fitzgerald Undergraduate Scholarship 2017 For Females -USA
Deadline: February 6, 2017
Sunflower Initative welcomes applications for the Harriet Fitzgerald Scholarship 2017/18. The Harriet Fitzgerald Scholarship offers highly motivated women who are passionate about learning and desire to attend a women colleges in either the United States or Canada.
The successful candidate must
- possess a stellar high school record,
- provide outstanding references,
- have a sincere desire to make a contribution to society, and
- show evidence of strong character and leadership qualities, as well as breadth and depth of interests.
For best consideration, applicants are recommended to have an unweighted GPA of at least a 3.7 and either a total SAT score of at least 1900 OR a composite ACT score of at least 27 (with no single ACT score lower than 25)
Graduating high school seniors, women who have matriculated at college, but left prior to the completion of the first semester, and early college applicants are eligible to apply. Women who have completed one semester of college or more are not eligible. The Harriet Fitzgerald Scholarship is awarded for one year with the possibility of renewal.
Scholarship in the amount of $10,000 will be awarded to one woman for the 2017-2018 academic year.
How to Apply
A application form completed online (Fill out my form), including
- An essay in PDF format uploaded within the online application form
- Entries about your activities, achievements, awards, and so on, which you may also supply by uploading an optional résumé, also in PDF format, within the online application form
- Official high school or GED transcripts sent to us by your high school
- Official report of SAT (code 7230) or ACT (code 1715) scores sent to us by the testing service or by your high school counselor or registrar
- 3 Confidential letters of recommendation in PDF format; two from people who can comment on your academic qualifications (teachers and counselors) and one from someone who can also comment on your extracurricular activities and personal character (this could also be a teacher or counselor, but perhaps a community member, club advisor, employer, or other non-family); these letters must be submitted on-line directly by the letter-writer. Please email the following web address to those writing recommendations for you: http://www.thesunflowerinitiative.com/scholarship/
Official transcripts should be mailed to:
Harriet Fitzgerald Scholarship Committee, Chair
c/o Professor Margaret McKean
Department of Political Science
Durham, North Carolina 27708-0204
For more information, visit Sunflower Initiative.