IST International PhD Positions in Austria (Fully-Funded), 2017
The Institute of Science and Technology Austria (IST Austria) is inviting highly qualified candidates to apply for ISTScholar PhD program. These fully-funded PhD positions are available in natural and mathematical sciences for September 2017 intake.
The program is designed for students to complete their studies in 4-5 years. The goal of the ISTScholar PhD program is to produce intellectually broad, curious, open-minded scientists who are able to approach problems from different angles and can collaborate with diverse types of scientists.
The Institute of Science and Technology Austria (IST Austria) is a young international institute dedicated to basic research and graduate education in the natural and mathematical sciences, located in Klosterneuburg on the outskirts of Vienna.
Course Level: Position is open for PhD program at IST Austria.
Study Subject(s): PhD positions are available in the field of natural and mathematical sciences.
Scholarship Award: All PhD students are fully funded, at internationally competitive salary levels, and receive full social security coverage. There is also financial support for students to cover travel expenses for attending scientific conferences and workshops.
Scholarship can be taken in Austria
- Highly qualified students from all disciplines of the natural sciences, mathematics, computer sciences, and any related interdisciplinary areas, who are committed to pursuing their scientific career in an international research environment, are invited to apply.
- Computer Science
- and interdisciplinary or related areasAll applicants must hold a master’s or bachelor’s degree in the following (or interdisciplinary) areas are eligible to apply:
(or equivalent), or anticipate the completion of the degree before September 2016. Participating students are expected to be proficient in written and oral English.
- IST Austria is committed to equality and diversity. In particular, female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Nationality: Position is open to applicants from all over the world.
College Admission Requirement
English Language Requirement: English is the language of instruction and used for institute-wide communication, and they are committed to equality and diversity. Students need to be proficient in English oral and written communication.
How to Apply: To complete application, student will need the following:
- Resume/CV: include
- Educational history since high school
- Relevant work experience
- Additional qualifications
- List of publications (if any)
- Scholarships, awards, etc. (if any)
- Statement of purpose: a 1-2 page essay in which you explain
- Why you want to enter our PhD program
- The research area(s) you find the most interesting
- Which professor(s) you may be interested in studying with
- Three referees who taught or supervised your work in academic setting: you will need to enter
- Their names
- Institutions, and
- Email addresses
Application Deadline: The deadline for PhD applications is 8th January 2017.