Thomas Jefferson Tunisia Undergraduate Scholarship Program To Study In USA, 2017
Application Deadline: Wednesday, November 30, 2016, at 5 p.m. Tunisia time.
The Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program’s Tunisia Undergraduate Scholarship Program (Tunisia UGRAD) and Tunisia Community College Scholarship Program (TCCSP) are now accepting applications from Tunisian undergraduate students for the 2017–2018 academic year.
This program builds the employability skills of a diverse group of youth from across Tunisia. Through academic, cultural, and professional programming, the Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program provides Tunisian youth with opportunities to develop the skills needed to contribute to Tunisia’s economic development.
Since the program’s inception in 2013, more than 360 undergraduate students from all 24 governorates of Tunisia have studied in colleges and universities across the United States. Through programming focused on skill-building and leadership growth, students enhance their academic and English skills, develop their leadership capacity, and strengthen their professional expertise, which promotes economic development in Tunisia. In a recent survey, 89% of Thomas Jefferson Scholars who returned home and completed their education reported that they are now employed.
The Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by US law.
Competition for the Tunisia Undergraduate Scholarship Program is merit-based and open to anyone who:
- Is a citizen, national, or permanent resident qualified to hold a valid passport issued by the government of Tunisia;
- Is currently enrolled as a first- or second-year full-time undergraduate (Licence) student in good academic standing at the time of application at a registered academic institution in Tunisia;
- Architecture students are eligible in their first, second, third, or fourth year of study. Engineering students are eligible in their first-, or second-year (preparatory classes), and third- and fourth-year of undergraduate study.
- If you study at an ISSAT (Institut Supérieur des Sciences Appliquées et de Technologie) please see the Tunisia Community College Scholarship Program application;
- Is currently residing in Tunisia;
- Is able to receive a US J-1 visa;
- Is at least 18 years old by July 1, 2017;
- Is committed to returning to Tunisia after completion of the program; and
- Is able to achieve a TOEFL score of 500 (PBT) or is likely to achieve this score after short-term pre-academic English training in the United States prior to the start of the academic year.
Paper Application Documents
You may apply online or apply by completing and returning print copies. Please be sure that you have the most recent version of Adobe Reader to access the PDFs.
The Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program’s Tunisia Undergraduate Scholarship Program (Tunisia UGRAD) and Tunisia Community College Scholarship Program (TCCSP) are programs sponsored by the US Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA). The programs are implemented by IREX.
For More Information: