The University of Leiden is pleased to offer positions for PhD candidate or postdoctoral researcher in Privacy Law. Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for these positions.
The aim of this project is to complement existing and on-going research on privacy-preserving big data technologies, by analyzing, mapping and clearly identifying the main societal and ethical challenges emerging from the adoption of big data technologies, conforming to the principles of responsible research and innovation.
Leiden University is one of Europe’s leading international research-intensive universities. This prominent position gives graduates an advantage when applying for positions both within and outside the academic world.
Course Level: Position is available for pursuing PhD as well as the postdoctoral program.
Study Subject: Position is awarded in the field of Privacy Law.
Scholarship Award: For PhD candidates, the gross monthly salary is set on € 2,191.- in the first year, increasing to € 2,801. gross per month in the final year;
For postdoctoral researchers the gross monthly salary is from € 2,552.- to € 4,028.- (scale 10, in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities). Salary scale depends on education and experience.
Scholarship can be taken in the Netherlands
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- Master’s degree in law;
- A research master degree or a completed PhD in the field of law and digital technologies is preferred;
- Academic background in privacy law or law and digital technologies; Knowledge and experience on ethical aspects of new technologies are preferred;
- Experience with and/or interested in technological issues, particularly big data analytics;
- Excellent research and writing qualities, demonstrated by (international, peer-reviewed) publications;
- Experience in working in multidisciplinary and/or international teams;
- Excellent communications skills, spoken and written, team player;
- Excellent English, spoken and written; command of the German, Italian or Dutch language is an advantage.
Nationality: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have their Master’s degree in law.
English language Requirements: Excellent English, spoken and written; command of the German, Italian or Dutch language is an advantage.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online. Applications for this vacancy can be submitted via the blue button of our online system. Please ensure that you upload the following additional documents quoting the vacancy number:
- A cover letter stating your motivation for this position;
- A curriculum vitae including a complete list of publications.
Application Deadline: Only applications received no later than 8th November 2016 can be considered.