University of Victoria Visiting Research Fellowships for Foreign & Domestic Scholars in Canada, 2017
The Centre for Studies in Religion and Society (CSRS) inviting applications from scholars in Canada and abroad for visiting fellowship appointments of up to twelve months duration. Four to six fellowships are offered annually. This is a non-stipendiary appointment with no cash value. Fellowships are awarded for working on research projects in the area of religion and society.
Level: Fellowships are available to scholars for appointments of up to 12 months’ duration at University of Victoria.
Field(s): In accord with the Centre’s mandate, research fellows should be working on projects that involve the scholarly study of religion in relation to any aspect of society and culture, both contemporary and historical. This includes, but is not limited to, critical examinations of religious themes in the areas of ethics, health, environment, public policy, technology, human conflict, art, literature, the media, law, philosophy or the natural sciences. We welcome applications from individuals immersed in any academic discipline.
Funded By: Centre for Studies in Religion and Society, University of Victoria
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): University of Victoria Visiting Research Fellowships are taregeted for Canadian and international scholars
‣ Award No: Four to six fellowships are offered annually. Ordinarily, fellows stay between three to twelve months; however the centre will consider requests for research terms of any length.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowships are awarded for up to twelve months duration.
‣ Scholarship covers: Private office space at the CSRS, centrally located on the University of Victoria campus; university privileges including access to UVic’s libraries; and enhanced opportunities for research networking and exchange. Fellows will have access to a mailbox located in the CSRS, fax, scanner and photocopier services; and opportunities to participate in all CSRS social and academic activities.
‣ The Centre for Studies in Religion and Society (CSRS) welcomes applications from scholars in Canada and abroad for University of Victoria Visiting Research Fellowships appointments of up to twelve months duration.
‣ University of Victoria Visiting Research Fellowships is open for canadian and international scholars; emeritus scholars; new scholars; scholars on sabbatical leave from their regular academic appointments.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis and should include a current CV and a completed visiting research fellowship application form which includes the names and contact information of two scholars who might evaluate the proposed project. The Centre may also solicit the opinions of other referees. Please note that any research involving human subjects will require approval of the UVic Ethics Review Board or the review board of another institution. Applications are reviewed by the CSRS Program Committee. All materials should be submitted via email to email@example.com, indicating attention to Dr. Paul Bramadat, Director, Centre for Studies in Religion and Society.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on – Ongoing
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Those who do not meet the above criteria may wish to consider becoming a “Friend” of the centre in order to be kept abreast of, and invited to, many of our lectures and social events.