Applications are invited for NSERC Postdoctoral Fellowships Program to study in Canada. Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada are eligible to apply for these fellowships.
The NSERC provides modern educational and research environments that will enable students and researchers to face current challenges and to focus on knowledge as a principle driving force for development.
Applicants must hold or expect to hold a doctorate in one of the fields of research that NSERC supports.
Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing Postdoctoral program.
Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in the following disciplines:
- Civil, industrial and systems engineering
- Chemical, biomedical and materials science engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Computing sciences
- Mathematical sciences
- Physics and astronomy
- Earth sciences
- Evolution and ecology
- Cellular and molecular biology
- Plant and animal biology
Scholarship Award: Fellowship of $45,000 per year will be awarded for two years.
Scholarship can be taken in Canada
Eligibility: To be considered eligible for support, as of the deadline date of the year in which applicants apply, they must:
- be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada; and
- Hold or expect to hold a doctorate in one of the fields of research that NSERC supports.
- Applicants must have completed all requirements of your first doctoral degree no more than two years before the deadline date of the year in which you apply, or by September 1 of the year of the award announcement.
- If they have acquired at least six months of full-time relevant employment in industry or government (experience in a university or its affiliated hospitals, research institutions and other laboratories will not be considered) after you received your doctorate, NSERC will extend this eligibility period to three years.
- If, within two years following the date of completion of your PhD, you withdraw from the workforce and from active research for maternity leave or to raise a child for at least one year, NSERC will extend this eligibility period to six years.
Nationality: Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must hold or expect to hold a doctorate in one of the fields of research that NSERC supports.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
Application Deadline: Fellowship application deadline is October 15, 2016.
Want Scholarships Like this Straight To Your Inbox?