The goal of the IEEE PES Scholarship Plus Initiative is to encourage undergraduate students to pursue careers in power and energy engineering.
The IEEE Power & Energy Society (PES), formerly the IEEE Power Engineering Society, is the oldest society of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) focused on the scientific and engineering knowledge about electric power and energy.
Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for a full-time undergraduate student at a university or college in the U.S., Puerto Rico, or Canada.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to pursue careers in power and energy engineering.
Scholarship Award: Scholarship recipients will receive the following amounts assuming continued qualification:
- US$2,000 for each of the first two years
- US$3,000 for the third year
Scholarship can be taken in USA, Puerto Rico or Canada
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following guidelines
- A citizen or permanent resident of the U.S., Puerto Rico, or Canada?
- A full-time student at a university or college in the U.S., Puerto Rico, or Canada?
- Working towards an Electrical Engineering bachelor’s degree
- Willing to take at least 3 Power Engineering courses, totaling 9 credits or more
- A student with a GPA 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale
- Willing to consider a career in electric power and energy engineering
Nationality: Students from U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicant must have GPA 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
How to Apply: Applicants must complete online scholarship application form. Application is considered complete if:
- All required sections of the application are marked as 100% completed
- A letter of reference has been included with their application
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 30 June 2016.
Want Scholarships Like this Straight To Your Inbox?