Deadline: April 30, 2017
The Centre of African Studies is offering MSc/MA scholarships to African nationals as part of the Governance for Development in Africa Initiative funded by the Mo Ibrahim Foundation.
Applicants must be domiciled (or permanent residents) in an African country. Preference will be given to scholarship candidates living in Sub‐Saharan Africa.
The eligible MSc/MA are only those within the following departments(note that any MSc in each department is applicable):
- Development Studies
- International Relations/Politics
- MA African Studies
- CISD (Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy)
- DEFIMS (Department for Financial and Management Studies )
- Distance Learning: CEFIMS(Centre for Financial and Management Studies), DEFIMS
The scholarship provides for fees, visa costs, one return flight, accommodation at SOAS’ students hall and £8000 living cost for the year.
How to Apply
Once the place is secured, the applicants can apply for the scholarship. Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by a panel consisting of SOAS academic members. The assessment of your application will be based on the information in your scholarship application. Please provide the following documents by email Ms Angelica Baschiera at firstname.lastname@example.org Email applications are preferable, but if you are unable to send your application by email, please post it to:
Ms Angelica Baschiera
Centre of African studies SOAS‐University of London
London WC1H 0XG United Kingdom
- complete application form
- a copy of the unconditional offer received from SOAS admissions office
- CV (please include your email address)
- 2 pages max statement outlining knowledge and interest in governance-related issues
For more information, visit SOAS London MSc Scholarship for Africans
Want Scholarships Like this Straight To Your Inbox?