Application Deadline: January 16th 2017
The Trust was set up by A.S.Hornby in 1961 to support English language teaching worldwide. A.S.Hornby had a distinguished career in English language teaching and developed the Oxford Advanced Learners’ Dictionary, which is still published in its 8th edition by Oxford University Press. The Trust is a registered charity in the UK. The Trust has supported over 500 scholars in the last 20 years.
The recruitment process for the A.S.Hornby Educational Trust scholarships for study in the UK between October 2017 and September 2018 is now open for applications.
- Eligible applicants for the scholarship award must have at least two years’ full-time ELT experience and a full university degree, and must be a citizen of the country from which they apply.
- Warwick University also requires a currently valid IELTS score of 6.5 overall, with no less than 6.0 in any of the categories.
- The Hornby Scholarships are intended to support experienced English language teachers who have the potential to make a significant future contribution to English language teaching and teachers in their countries.
- The scholarships fund study on the one-year Masters in ELT at the University of Warwick.
- The scholarships cover all the costs in the UK including a monthly stipend to cover accommodation and living expenses, tuition fees, and return air tickets, tuition fees, visa and IELTS test costs.
- Your monthly stipend is sufficient to cover your expenses in the UK but will not provide for any expenses you may still have at home during the year.
- Before you decide to apply, you need to be sure that you will be able to obtain leave-of-absence from your employer for the period of the scholarship and that you have funds during the year to cover any home expenses.
The Applicant Selection Process:
Applicants are selected by a four-stage process:
1. Online application form – applicants submit the online application form for initial assessment
2. Interview – applicants who are successful at stage 1 are invited for interview at the British Council office in their country of origin
3. Application to university –applicants selected from the interview are invited to apply to the university for consideration
4. University acceptance – the scholarship award is confirmed with the applicant and arrangements are made to arrive in the UK to begin study by 1st October 2017
You can access the online application portal here:
For More Information:
Want Scholarships Like this Straight To Your Inbox?