Deadline: February 17, 2017
Caux Scholars Program (CSP) is currently accepting applications for the Summer Conflict Transformation Program taking place from June 26-July 24th, 2017 in Switzerland. CSP aims to enable twenty future peace-builders from around the world to become trust-builders in their communities through experiential education in conflict transformation and principled leadership.
The Caux Scholars Program offers a multi-disciplinary approach to conflict transformation, transitional justice, and principled leadership. They aim to further equip the participants for resolving conflicts from the communities in which they work. Through interaction with peace-builders, scholars will leave better prepared to shape the conflicts that they work to resolve.
The Caux Scholars Program offers very few scholars, from countries with devalued currencies, with a full or half scholarship. Applicants are encouraged to fundraise. Some students have been able to get funding from their universities. Others have been sponsored by NGO’s, places of worship, or local clubs, such as the Rotary Club
- Open to anyone between 21-35 years old
- Completed at least 3 years of a 4-year under graduate degree (many scholars are graduate students and some have began their professional careers).
- High academic achievements (transcripts and two letter or references required).
- The program is open to all majors, but academic experiences, skills and competencies that are directly relevant to Peace and Conflict Resolution will be considered heavily in the selection process.
- Public or community service experience
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Interest in the ethical dimensions of world affairs
- Openness to a multi-cultural learning experience
- Foreign language a plus
Applications must include:
- Completed application form
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Application fee of $25 (Can be paid through PayPal from this website)
For more information, visit Caux Scholars Program.
Want Scholarships Like this Straight To Your Inbox?