Deadline: April 21, 2017
The family of John L. Goulandris wishes to support a Scholarship for well-qualified Greek nationals, normally under the age of 35 and ordinarily resident in Greece (Hellenic Republic), who will be undertaking full-time study at the University of Cambridge for either a one-year graduate taught course, leading to a postgraduate qualification (usually the MPhil degree) or a three or four year course of research leading to the PhD degree.
The maximum award that will be made to a Scholar who has no other sources of finance will be as follows:
- University Composition Fee at home/EU rate;
- Full Maintenance grant;
- Rented accommodation in or near College will normally be made available during the first year of residence to a single Scholar. The college does not currently have any family accommodation available.
- Open to new MPhil and PhD (3 year and 1+3 year) applicants to the University of Cambridge and also, in the case of PhD study, to students already registered at the University for the PhD degree;
- In the latter case, 1 or 2 years (for those following 3 year PhD programmes) or 3 years (for those following 1+3 PhD programmes) of further study, within three years of registration, may be supported;
- It is a condition of the award that the recipient be a member of Magdalene College.
Consideration will normally be restricted to those who have a record of academic excellence consistent with the proposed field of study and who can demonstrate the potential to make a significant contribution to the broader life of Magdalene College.
- New applicants to Cambridge University wishing to be considered for a Goulandris Scholarship must apply to the Board of Graduate Studies (4 Mill Lane, Cambridge CB2 1RZ) for admission to the University as a Graduate Student using the usual GRADSAF form;
- ALL applicants (including continuing students) must complete a Goulandris scholarship application form which can be downloaded here or obtained from Mrs C. Percival, the Graduate Tutor’s Assistant, Tutorial Office, Magdalene College, Cambridge, CB3 0AG;
- Applications can be submitted in electronic form or in hard copy (6 copies) to the Graduate Tutor’s Assistant ([email protected]);
- References must be received electronically or in hard copy by the closing date of April 21, 2017; applicants must take responsibility for ensuring that their nominated referees keep to the application deadline;
- Incomplete or late applications will not normally be accepted. Preference may be given to those nominating Magdalene as their first-choice College;
- The outcome of the competition should be known by the end of June 2017.
For more information, visit John L. Goulandris Scholarship 2017.
Want Scholarships Like this Straight To Your Inbox?