The University of Brighton is offering a number of scholarships available to both new international students and international Brighton graduates who are progressing to further study.
‣ The aim of the University of Brighton New Postgraduate Scholarships are to enable and encourage academically able students from any nationality.
‣ The University of Brighton is a university of 20,685 students and 2,700 staff based on five campuses in Brighton, Eastbourne, and Hastings on the south coast of England.
‣ Most postgraduate courses require an overall IELTS score of at least 6.5 with no element less than 5.5.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for these University of Brighton New Postgraduate Scholarships :
‣ International scholarships:
- To be eligible to apply for a scholarship, applicants must be a new, full-time, international fee status student who holds an offer for a postgraduate taught degree with a minimum course duration of one year.
‣ Vice-Chancellor’s postgraduate excellence scholarships: The Vice-Chancellor’s postgraduate excellence scholarship is only available to graduates who obtain a first-class degree from a UK institution in 2015/16. Eligible graduates must be applying to start a masters course in 2016 or for deferred entry (maximum one year).
Vice-Chancellor’s postgraduate alumni scholarships: The Vice-Chancellor’s postgraduate alumni scholarship is only available to University of Brighton alumni who graduate with a first or 2:1 in 2015/16.
‣ International Huxley scholarships: In order to be eligible to apply for a Huxley scholarship applicant must be a new, full-time, self-funding international masters student on one of the following courses:Biomedical Sciences MSc, Clinical Pharmacy MSc, Industrial Pharmaceutical Sciences MSc, Pharmacology MSc, Bioscience MRes, Chemistry MRes, Ecology MRes and Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences MRes
‣ Sports scholarships: Two different types of sports scholarships:
The elite athletes / elite disabled athletes scholarships are for students who have reached a national level of competition or performance and have the potential and dedication to reach world-class performance level.
The talented sports performers scholarship is for students who have represented their sport at the national or regional level or who are able to demonstrate that they have the potential to compete at these levels.
‣ Santander international masters scholarships: Applicants must hold an offer of admission to a one-year, full-time Masters programme in any subject at the University of Brighton by the advertised deadlines for the International Scholarships; this offer can be unconditional or conditional.
‣ Global opportunities scholarships: To be considered for one of these scholarships, applicants must satisfy all of the following criteria:
- Received an academic offer for postgraduate study starting in September 2016 on one of the eligible courses
- an asylum seeker or you have been refused asylum but have been granted some other form of temporary status eg. humanitarian protection, unaccompanied asylum seeking children (UASC) leave or limited leave
- Applicants currently live in East or West Sussex
- Unable to access postgraduate finance through the current UK Government student finance system
‣ International research scholarship: In order to be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must be a new, full-time international research student with an unconditional place for entry in October 2016.
‣ Santander research scholarships: To be eligible for one of these scholarships, applicants need to be: a current postgraduate research student enrolled at the University of Brighton or Brighton & Sussex Medical School and in addition either a research student from one of the Santander Universities network countries.
Admission Requirement ( University of Brighton New Postgraduate Scholarships )
‣ Entrance Requirement: Masters-level degree courses typically require a first degree. However, if you don’t hold this qualification but can demonstrate an equivalent level of experience, we will consider your application on the basis of your potential to benefit from, and contribute to, a course.
‣ Test Requirement: No
‣ Language Requirements: Most postgraduate courses require an overall IELTS score of at least 6.5 with no element less than 5.5, but a number of courses do have higher IELTS requirements than this.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Please email : internationalscholarships-at-brighton.ac.uk with University of Brighton student number in the subject line, and University will send a scholarship application pack.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: Application deadlines are different for each scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.