The Auckland University of Technology is pleased to offer doctoral scholarships for full-time domestic and international students. These scholarships are awarded to pursue Doctor of Education or Doctor of Philosophy programme within the Faculty of Culture and Society.
The Faculty of Culture and Society encourages and supports innovative interdisciplinary research.
AUT is a contemporary New Zealand university focused on providing exceptional student opportunities and learning experiences, and graduate success in a context stimulated by impactful research and industry connectivity.
The minimum IELTS (Academic) scores required for doctorate is 6.5 overall with 7 in writing and all other bands 6.0 or higher.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing Doctor of Education or Doctor of Philosophy programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded within the Faculty of Culture and Society.
Scholarship Award: The scholarships include
- A Stipend of $10,000
- Tuition fees (120 points per annum) and Student Services Levy. The scholarship does not cover compulsory insurance for international students.
Scholarship can be taken in the New Zealand
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following guidelines:
- The scholarships are open to all eligible Domestic and International postgraduate students. Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must meet the entry criteria for the Doctor of Education or Doctor of Philosophy programme at AUT in the Faculty of Culture and Society.
- Applicants must be enrolling or be enrolled in a doctoral programme of study and be prepared to commit to their research full-time in the School of Education.
- The applicant’s proposed field of study must be one where the School of Education has the expertise and capacity to offer supervision.
Nationality: The scholarships are open to domestic and international students.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must meet the normal admission criteria to the doctoral programme, including, minimally, second class (first division) honours or equivalent and English language proficiency as stated in the Academic Calendar.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: The minimum IELTS (Academic) scores required for doctorate is 6.5 overall with 7 in writing and all other bands 6.0 or higher.
How to Apply: Eligible applicants for this scholarship must apply through the online portal for the Faculty and Culture and Society Strategic Research Scholarship and state the area of study they are applying for. Applicants will be asked to upload.
- A brief curriculum vitae (CV) – a maximum of 2-3 pages
- Academic transcripts and certificates for any previous tertiary study completed at a university other than AUT University
- A brief outline of the applicant’s research proposal (no more than 2 pages including references).
- Two referees’ reports will be requested through the application portal.
- A letter of support from your proposed primary supervisor or Head of Programme must also be requested if they have not acted as a referee.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 25th February 2017.
Want Scholarships Like this Straight To Your Inbox?