Department of African Studies and Anthropology at the University of Birmingham offers fellowships for African applicants in UK.
Level: Research Programme
Field(s): arts, humanities and social sciences offered by the University of Birmingham in UK
Deadline: 9 December 2016.
Funded By: Department of African Studies and Anthropology at the University of Birmingham in UK
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2017 Cadbury Fellowships for African Applicants are targeted for Africa applicants.
‣ Award No: Not Specified.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowship will be offered for ten weeks.
‣ Scholarship covers: Fellowships will cover return air-fare, accommodation and living costs for this period.
‣ The Cadbury fellowships programme is run every year by the Department of African Studies and Anthropology at the University of Birmingham, thanks to a generous bequest from the Cadbury family.
‣ They invite applications from early-career researchers who are based in African institutions and wish to spend a period of ten weeks with us discussing and developing the results of their primary research.
‣ Fellowships will cover return air-fare, accommodation and living costs for this period.
Have what it takes to avail Cadbury Fellowships for African Applicants ?
‣ Applicants should have completed their main period of primary doctoral research and be either in the stage of writing up their dissertation or, if they have completed their dissertation, be looking to develop publications from it.
‣ Applicants’ research should be relevant to the theme of Money and Africa, and they should be ready to discuss their findings and interpretations in a series of reading groups, seminar presentations, journal workshops and other activities over a ten-week period, before presenting their papers at the international conference.
‣ We invite applications from early-career researchers based in African institutions.
‣ It is expected that fellows will seek to publish their paper as a journal article.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ If you would like to be considered for the 2017 scheme, please send your application by email to Dr Kate Skinner on email@example.com by 9 December 2016.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 9 December 2016.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
Want Scholarships Like this Straight To Your Inbox?