The Deutsches Museum in Munich invites applications for scholar in residence program available for research scholars interested in working for six or 12 months on projects involving the museum`s vast and heterogeneous collections. Scholars will present their research projects to colleagues at the beginning of their stay and will be expected to participate regularly in the museum’s and the Munich Centre’s Monday colloquium series and workshops.
Level: This is a residence program of six or 12 months.
Field(s): research project for scholars interested in working on projects involving the museum`s vast and heterogeneous collections.
Funded By: Deutsches Museum in Munich, Germany
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Scholarship is targeted for applicants of all countries
‣ No. of awards: There are several attractive scholarships available.
‣ Scholarship Tenure : These scholarships are awarded for six or 12 months to work on a project involving the museum`s vast and heterogeneous collections.
‣Value of Scholarship : Scholarship holders will have their own workplace with a desktop computer and telephone, and the opportunity to reside temporarily in subsidized apartments of the museum complex insofar as these are available. Pre-doctoral stipends: € 7,500 (six months) / € 15,000 (full year). Post-doctoral stipends: € 15,000 (six months) / € 30,000 (full year).
‣ Scholars at any level of seniority are eligible to apply for 2 Deutsches Museum Scholar-in-Residence Program , provided they have at least one university degree. There are no restrictions regarding nationality. All scholars are requested to make their own provisions for health insurance.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Please send applications by post, including:
- completed application form
- curriculum vitae
- project description (3 to 5 pages)
- two confidential references (can be sent directly by the referees)
- Application Form
to the following address:
Coordinator of the Research Institute
Tel.: 00 49 (0) 89 2179-280
Fax: 00 49 (0) 89 2179-239
Detailed information available upon request:
Prof. Dr. Elisabeth Vaupel
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 14 October 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Want Scholarships Like this Straight To Your Inbox?