Furtwangen University is offering five scholarships for German and EU students in total under the “Deutschlandstipendium” national scholarship programme.
The scholarships are awarded by Furtwangen University in accordance with the German scholarship programme law (Stipendienprogramm-Gesetz) as well as the applicable university regulations (Satzung der Hochschule Furtwangen ) – both of which are available in their German original only.
The Hochschule Furtwangen University, formerly the Fachhochschule Furtwangen, is a German University of applied science in Furtwangen im Schwarzwald, Baden-Württemberg, Germany.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing first time or second-degree studies.
Study Subject(s): Scholarships support students of the following faculties/degree courses who are exceptionally gifted and have performed well in their studies:
- HFU Business school (2 scholarships)
- Mechanical and Medical Engineering (1 scholarship)
- Electrical Engineering (ELA), Industrial Automation and Mechatronics (IAM), Mechanical Engineering and Mechatronics (MM), Mechatronic Systems (MES) (2 scholarships)
Scholarship Award: The scholarship amount is €300 per month. It is granted on a monthly basis and is not repayable. The scholarships will in each case be awarded for the duration of one year. The support period starts annually on 1st September 2016 (backdated). A new application is possible for each new application process.
Scholarship can be taken in the Germany
- First-year students and students during their foundation level study semesters with a German university entrance qualification grade of a minimum of 1.3, or equivalent
- Students during their advanced level study semesters who have completed their foundation level study semesters with a minimum grade of 1.3
- Master’s students who have completed their undergraduate degree with a minimum grade of 1.3
Nationality: Scholarships are available for German and EU nationals only.
How to Apply: An application for the scholarship must include the following application documents:
- A letter of motivation, maximum one page (A4 format)
- A CV / resume
- For first-year students / students during their foundation level study semesters ONLY: university entrance qualifications; for international qualifications a translation into German including a conversion to the German grading system
- For students during their advanced-level studies only: transcripts of records of foundation level study semesters
- For Master’s students only: transcript of records of undergraduate degree
- If applicable: internship / employment references as well as proof of awards or similar, additional skills or social involvement
Application Deadline: The application deadline for the next application process (winter semester 2016/17 and summer semester 2017) is 14th November 2016.
Want Scholarships Like this Straight To Your Inbox?