Final Date for Full Scholarship Applications is June 30, 2016 . Fatih Sultan Mehmet VakIf University (FSMVU) is offering scholarships for foreign students. Scholarships are available for pursuing master’s and PhD programme. Starting from the 2016-2017 academic year, all successful applicants will receive 50% scholarships from the University Board of Trustees. For Master’s program, scholarship is awarded for 2 years (includes courses, theses and VAT) and for PhD and Proficiency in Art program, scholarship is awarded for 4 years (includes courses, preliminary qualification, proficiency, theses and VAT).
Field(s): Turkish Language and Literature, Civilization Studies, History, History of Science, Clinical Psychology- thesis Islamic, Clinical Psychology – non thesis, Islamic Sciences, Architecture, Architectural Conservation –Restoration and Traditional Turkish Arts.
Deadline: June 30, 2016
Funded By: Fatih Sultan Mehmet VakIf University (FSMVU), Turkey
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Fatih Sultan Mehmet VakIf University Scholarships are targeted for Foreign nationals
No. of awards: 20 Percent of accepted students receive scholarships.
Scholarship Tenure : For Master’s program, scholarship is awarded for 2 years (4 semesters) (includes courses, theses and VAT) and for PhD and Proficiency in Art program, scholarship is awarded for 4 years (8 semesters) (includes courses, preliminary qualification, proficiency, theses and VAT).
‣Value of Scholarship : Starting from the 2016-2017 academic year, all successful applicants will receive 50% scholarships from the University Board of Trustees. Full scholarships will be awarded for master and PhD programs in Civilization Studies; Master’s – Doctorate program in Islamic Sciences and for Master’s program in History of Science.
The selection criteria for Fatih Sultan Mehmet VakIf University Scholarships might be rigorous however all successful applicants will be awarded full scholarships. Starting from the 2015-2016 academic year, all successful applicants will receive 50% scholarships from the University Board of Trustees.
Candidates must meet the following criteria if they want to apply for Fatih Sultan Mehmet VakIf University Scholarships
‣ Must be a foreign national
‣ Master’s candidates must have an undergraduate degree, Doctorate and Proficiency and Art candidates must have Master’s degrees.
‣ Must not be a citizen of Turkey or the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (or have a dual citizenship right of either country or for the ones who had dual citizenship but abolished either one not to have completed all high school education in Turkey or TRNC)
‣ Must not have been dismissed from a higher education institute in Turkey despite meeting all other above mentioned requirements
‣ Minimum Diploma GPA Conditions: Out of 100 points: for Master’s applicants their undergraduate diploma GPA’s must be a minimum of 65; for Doctorate and Proficiency in Art applicants their undergraduate GPA’s must be a minimum of 65 (75 if they do not have Master’s degrees) and their Master’s GPA’s must be a minimum of 75.
‣ Ales Conditions: For Institute of Engineering and Sciences: Master’s applicants must obtain a minimum of 55 and Doctorate applicants must obtain a minimum of 60 points in ALES (or GRE Math score of 610); Applicants who fail to provide an ALES/GRE score may be accepted on a conditional basis; the student must either provide the necessary ALES/GRE scores or achieve a minimum GPA of 3.0 (out of 4.0) by the end of the first semester.
‣ Language Conditions: For Scholarship applicants, students must provide proof of proficiency in a foreign language that is different than their mother language and the language of education.
‣ Arabic: For Islamic Studies (MA and PhD) Arabic language skill is preferred.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ All applications will be made through the online system. Application made after the deadline will not be accounted for.Applications received after July 29h, 2016 will not be taken into consideration.
‣ Scholarship Application closiare due on June 30, 2016
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Want Scholarships Like this Straight To Your Inbox?