The GCSC invites applications for up to 13 PhD scholarships which are funded by the Excellence Initiative as well as Justus Liebig University Giessen. Scholarships are available for international students. Scholarships are offered for one year with the possibility of two extensions, each of one year. The PhD scholarship period starts on October 1, 2017 and includes a monthly stipend of approximately €1,468.
Level: PhD Degree
Field(s): It’s awarded for study of culture.
Deadline: February 1, 2017
Funded By: The Excellence Initiative as well as the Justus Liebig University Giessen
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): GCSC PhD Scholarships are targeted for applicants from around the world.
‣ Award No: 13 Scholarships will be offered.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships will be offered for one year with the possibility of two extensions of one year each. The GCSC supports young researchers with families; appointees with children under the age of twelve are eligible for renewals of up to four years.
‣ Scholarship covers: Doctoral scholarships include a monthly stipend of € 1468 (plus family allowances when applicable).
‣ They are granted for one year with the possibility of two extensions of one year each. Doctoral scholarships include a monthly stipend of € 1468.
‣ PhD candidates seeking an excellent research environment will find ideal working conditions and maximum support at the GCSC and will have access to all the advantages offered by the GCSC to its members.
The GCSC particularly welcomes applications for GCSC PhD Scholarships from students who:
‣ Graduated with excellent marks from two-year research-track master’s programmes in one of the GCSC’s academic subjects or in cultural studies.
‣ Please note: If your main subject does not appear on the list of affiliated departments (for example, if you have a degree in Cultural Studies), you may still be eligible for membership of the GCSC, provided your research project can contribute to one of the GCSC’s research profiles.
‣ Are proposing a research project that contributes to one (or several) of the GCSC’s research areas and that they have not worked on for more than one year.
‣ Are fluent in English or German, knowledge of both is an advantage and should be acquired during the scholarship period
‣ The main selection criteria are the candidates’ academic qualifications, the academic quality of the research proposal and the suitability of the project for the GCSC’s research programme.
‣ Short-listed candidates will be invited to a 30-minute interview at the GCSC.
Scholarship Application Method.
‣ The main selection criteria are the candidates’ academic qualifications, the academic quality of the research proposal and the suitability of the project for the GCSC’s research programme. Short-listed candidates will be invited to a 30-minute interview.
The application deadline is February 1 2017. All applications (including an application form and further documents as stated on the GCSC website) have to be submitted online. Please find all information about the two-stage application procedure on our website at https://www.uni-giessen.de/faculties/gcsc/gcsc/Admission/scholarships-research-team-positions/doctoral-scholarships .
If you have any questions concerning your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. On January 11, 2017, the GCSC will host an Information Day at the Graduate Centre for the Study of Culture (GCSC), Justus Liebig University Giessen, Alter Steinbacher Weg 38, 35394 Giessen. The Information Day gives potential applicants the opportunity to meet the faculty and students involved in the doctoral programme. You will also have a chance to obtain more information on the research areas and academic objectives of the GCSC; the wide range of interdisciplinary courses, colloquia and conferences; the research support on offer; international networks and partner institutions; as well as publishing and additional funding opportunities available to GCSC members. To register for the Information Day, please visit our website.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on February 1, 2017.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Want Scholarships Like this Straight To Your Inbox?