The International Post-Doc Initiative (IPODI) of the Technical University of Berlin is inviting applications for two years IPODI fellowship program. IPODI awards seven fellowships per year for all excellent female researchers regardless of their nationality or age and from all fields of research represented at the TU Berlin. Successful candidates will receive additional training in career development and research management and they will be able to expand their professional networks, within both the academic and the private sector. Full details:
Deadline: 15 December 2016.
Funded By: The programme is co-funded by the Marie Curie Programme of the European Union (Co-funding of Regional, National, and International Programmes).
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): IPODI Fellowship Program is targeted for IPODI Fellowship Program is open to outstanding researchers of all nationalities.
‣ Award No: There are altogether 21 fellowships available. IPODI awards seven fellowships per year
(in 2014, 2015, and 2016) in three internationally open selection rounds with international peer-review.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowships are awarded for two years.
‣ Scholarship covers: IPODI Fellows will receive:
- A two-year employment contract with salaries equal to those of the Marie Curie Programme for experienced researchers, including social security and health insurance as well as pension coverage (salary scale between E 13 and E 14 TV-L),
- A mobility and a travel allowance,
- A monthly contribution to research costs,
- The opportunity for professional training in career development and research management.
To apply for IPODI Fellowship Program., applicants have to meet the following criteria:
‣ The applicant has at least two and not more than ten years of research experience after obtaining her doctoral degree (PhD or equivalent), in exceptional cases an extension of up to three years is possible.
‣ The applicant did not reside or carry out her main activity in Germany for more than 12 months in the three years prior to the call deadline.
‣ The research proposal fits into one of the fields of research represented in one of the TU Berlin’s seven faculties and is supported by a cooperating professor of the TU Berlin.
Selection Criteria for IPODI Fellowship Program
‣ Every application is evaluated by three external reviewers (at least two of them international), who are distinguished experts in the same area of research as the proposals they assess.
‣ The external reviewers are asked to evaluate the proposal with regard to scientific and personal qualification, quality of the proposal, career perspectives and mentoring perspectives.
‣ During its first meeting the IPODI Selection Committee compiles a pre-final ranking list on the basis of the results of the external reviews.
‣ The highest-ranking candidates are invited for interviews. During its second meeting the IPODI Selection Committee conducts personal interviews with the prospective candidates.
‣ The cooperating professor of the TU Berlin will also be invited to the interview.
‣ After the interviews the Selection Committee compiles a final ranking list for funding recommendation on the basis of the results of the external reviews and the results of the interviews.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications have to be submitted in English via the IPODI Application Portal. Required documents include:
- An innovative and independent research proposal and a time plan demonstrating how the proposed objectives are to be achieved,
- A letter of motivation detailing career perspectives and motivation to apply for IPODI,
- A letter of support of a cooperating professor of the TU Berlin,
- Two external letters of reference.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 15 December 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.