James Cook University is offering scholarship for Papua New Guinea students to pursue masters by coursework program.
The PNGLNG PIDU Research Scholarship is designed to contribute towards marine mammal research and conservation in Papua New Guinea, through providing training and field experience for Papua New Guinea university students and researchers. PNGLNG has a commitment to improving access to education and skills training of university students in PNG.
James Cook University (JCU) is a public university and is the second oldest university in Queensland, Australia. JCU is a teaching and research institution.
Applicants must have excellent English communication skills (reading, written, oral).
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing masters by coursework program.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the field of marine science.
Scholarship Award: The maximum value of the Scholarship is AUD$90,000, which shall be distributed to one successful applicant at the discretion of the selection committee. These funds will cover tuition costs, fortnightly stipend, medical insurance, and one return trip/year from the home-town to Townsville, Australia.
Scholarship can be taken in the Australia
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship, applicant must
- Be citizen of Papua New Guinea
- Have completed at least a Bachelors Degree, preferably an Honours degree in Marine Biology, Fisheries, Biology, Environmental Science, or other related course
- Have applied for Masters by Coursework program at James Cook University
Nationality: Citizen of Papua New Guinea can apply for this scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have completed at least a Bachelors Degree, preferably an Honours degree in Marine Biology, Fisheries, Biology, Environmental Science, or other related course.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Applicants must have excellent English communication skills (reading, written, oral).
How to Apply: Applications and associated material should be submitted by email. Applicants wanting to apply for this scholarship must attach the following documents
- Completed scholarship application form
- Confirmation of completed application for the JCU Masters by Coursework program
- Curriculum vitae/resume
- A copy of academic transcripts
- Two referee reports
- Any other supporting documentation that would assist the Selection Committee in developing an opinion as to the merit of the application.
Application Deadline: The deadline for application is 14 October 2016.
Want Scholarships Like this Straight To Your Inbox?