The japan foundation for UNU scholarship program is available for students who are academically outstanding and belongs to developing countries. To become eligible for the program applicant should be capable of demonstrating their need of financial assistance for pursuing master course. Along with it, the applicant should also be a part of the Master of Science in substantiality program offered at United Nations University.
Worth of awards
1.Scholarship holders are given monthly allowance of 120,000 JPY which can be used for living expense for a period of 2 years.
- The tuition fees for pursuing the program are fully waived off in case of scholarship students.
- Along with it, travel cost, visa fees, health and accidental insurance cost is also provided to the student.
In order to gain above awards it is important for the applicant to meet the criteria of eligibility as mentioned below.
Following are the conditions which have to be met by the applicant to become eligible for scholarship program;
- Applicant must have strong interest in doing sustainability studies
- The student must consistently demonstrate his dedication towards studies and global issues.
- Completed bachelor degree should be available with the student from recognized university or an institute of higher education in the related field. For individuals who are expected to get their bachelor degree by September 2018 they should also apply.
- The score of 3.5 GPA or above should be attained in bachelor degree by the students. For students who are not able to attain minimum score they are not held eligible for scholarship program in the university.
- Applicant must be proficient in English language. The minimum score which must be attained is 600 in TOEFL if it is paper based testing however it should be 100 in case internet based testing is performed in TOEFL. 7 to be attained in IELTS in academic format paper.
- The official online application form for scholarship should be submitted latest by 28 February 2018.
- Recommendation letter has to be submitted by the applicant by getting it signed from professor, dean or college wherein bachelor or other course is being pursued.
- Complete list of documents have to be submitted in sets of two containing all the proof of residence and education which is sufficient to substantiate requirement of the form and university.
Who is not eligible for the program?
- Applicant who is not from developing country is not eligible for the scholarship program.
- Applicants who are working in Japan under working visa are not eligible for applying for the scholarship program.
- An individual who is financially capable and dependent is not held eligible for the program.
- This scholarship program is not for individuals who wish to pursue second master degree at UNU-IAS.
- Applicant must have attained the minimum age which is necessary for pursuing course and earning scholarship for the same.
For individuals who wish to gain further information on JFUNU scholarship program, they can follow the link give below;
Want Scholarships Like this Straight To Your Inbox?