The Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences, Faculty of Science at the University of Copenhagen invites applications for a Ph.D. scholarship in Cell Wall biology commencing on 1 November 2016.
The University of Copenhagen provides modern educational and research environments that will enable students and researchers to face current challenges and to focus on knowledge as a principle driving force for development.
Applicants whose native language is not English must document proficiency in English by having passed one of the recognized language tests.
Course Level: Fellowship is available for pursuing Ph.D. program.
Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in Cell Wall biology.
Worth of Award
- The position is covered by the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff.
- Terms of appointment and payment accord to the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations on Academics in the State.
- The starting salary is currently at a minimum DKK 309,109 including annual supplement (+ pension up to DKK 42,699). Negotiation for salary supplement is possible.
- The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for fellowship:
- Applicants should hold an MSc degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, biotechnology or related field with good results and good English skills.
- As criteria for the assessment of your qualifications emphasis will also be laid on previous publications (if any) and relevant work experience.
How to Apply
The mode of application is online. The application, in English, must be submitted electronically by clicking Apply Now below.
- Cover Letter that explicitly address the subject matter of the project and documents experimental experience in at least two of the following areas: enzymology, molecular biology, polysaccharide biochemistry or biomaterial science.
- Diploma and transcripts of records (BSc and MSc)
- List of publications (if any),
- Full contact details (Name, address, telephone & email) of 1-3 professional referees.
Deadline: The deadline for applications is 24 July 2016.
Want Scholarships Like this Straight To Your Inbox?