Kwantlen Polytechnic University is inviting applications for RBC Aboriginal Student Awards Program for Canadian students. These awards are available for those students who want to take an undergraduate degree at Kwantlen Polytechnic University.
The RBC Aboriginal Student Awards Program was launched in 1992 to assist Aboriginal students in completing post-secondary education, and provide an opportunity for RBC to strengthen its relationship with the Aboriginal community.
KPU offers bachelor’s degrees, associate degrees, diplomas, certificates and citations in more than 120 programs. Almost 20,000 students annually attend courses at KPU campuses. Kwantlen Polytechnic University currently offers a range of credentials, many of which are completely unique, to successfully meet the evolving needs of regional and global employment markets.
Course Level: These awards are available for pursuing the undergraduate degree.
Study Subject: These awards are available in the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: These awards will cover $1000-$2000 (multi-year)
Numbers of Scholarships: Three awards are available
Scholarship can be taken in Canada.
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for these awards:
- You are First Nations (Status or Non-Status), Inuit or Metis;
- You are a BC Resident (12 consecutive months before the date of enrollment for the program for which you are seeking an Award);
- You are planning to study at a BC public post-secondary institution or an Aboriginal-run institution;
- Your course of study will be no less than two semesters in length and will commence sometime between the dates of May 1, 2017, and April 30, 2018;
- You will be registered as a full-time student*, as defined by the institution you will be attending (usually 60% or more of a full course load).
- *Exceptions may apply to applicants who are prevented from studying full-time for medical reasons or disabilities;
Nationality: Applicants from Canada can apply for these awards.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous year degree.
How to Apply: To be eligible, applications and supporting documents are to be received by RBC by 11:59 pm EST on February 28th, 2017. If selected, the applicant must provide proof of her/his acceptance to university or college and eligible status by July 31st, 2017. If you cannot confirm your acceptance by July 31st, 2017, RBC reserves the right to disqualify you for that academic year and to select another applicant. You may reapply for the following academic year.
Completed application package must contain:
- FULLY completed application form
- COPY of your most current transcript
- LETTER of recommendation from a teacher, employer, or member of your community.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is March 31, 2017.