Shanghai University is happy to announce the Shanghai Government Scholarship for international students who want to study undergraduate bachelor courses, and postgraduate masters and PhD courses.
This scholarship, provided by Shanghai government for international students studying in Shanghai, is in two types: A, B. Type A, exclusively for those who study for Master’s or Doctoral degrees, is full scholarship, including tuition, free accommodation,accident insurance, allowance for living; WHILE Type B, only for those who study for degrees, is partial scholarship, only including tuition accident insurance.
Eligible applicants are now invited to apply for the 2017 Shanghai Government Scholarship.
To be eligible, applicant must:
- Be a non-Chinese citizen in good health.
- Not be an enrolled degree student in Chinese universities at the time of application.
- Be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for the undergraduate programs;
- Be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs.
- Be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs.\
- Be excellent in academic and extra-curricular performance and yet not be rewarded any other scholarships offered by Chinese government
Citizens of ALL countries (EXCEPT China)
Fields of study
Applicable Programs include:
- Bachelor’s degree programs
- Master’s degree programs (except MBA and MTCSOL*)
- Note: MBA is short for Master of Business Administration;
- MTCSOL refers to Master of Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages.
- Doctoral degree programs
Number of awards
Several – not specified by sponsor
Schooling and duration are as follows:
- Bachelor’s Degree Program: 4 to 5 years
- Master’s degree programs: 2 to 3 years
- Doctoral degree programs: 3 to 4 years
The actual scholarship duration is subject to the information on Admission Notice, which cannot be extended in general.
There are two types of scholarships:
1). Full Scholarship:
- a waiver of tuition fee
- free on-campus dormitory accommodation
- Stipend: Bachelor: RMB 1100/ month; Master: RMB 1700/ month; PhD: RMB 2100/ month
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China.
2). Partial Scholarship:
- a waiver of tuition fee
- Free on-campus dormitory accommodation
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China
Method of Application
If you want to apply for Shanghai Government Scholarship, please complete the online application procedure at http://www.study-shanghai.org, and then complete the online application procedure at Shanghai University online application (www.apply.shu.edu.cn); as outlined in the steps below.
Step 1: Complete the online application procedure at SGS Online Application System (http://www.study-shanghai.org)
Step 2: Complete the online application procedure at Shanghai University online application (www.apply.shu.edu.cn).
Step 3: Complete the online payment for the non-refundable application fee RMB 500
Applications are currently being accepted from the present time till April 15, 2017 (fall intake only)
Shanghai University (abbreviated as SHU or Shangda), is a public research university located in Shanghai, China. Shanghai University is one of the nation’s leading research universities. Its three campuses are in Baoshan, Jing’an and Jiading districts. Founded in 1922, originally a revolutionary school, the university contributed a group of useful people to the cause of Chinese liberation and development. By consolidating four universities, it became a research-intensive comprehensive university and also the biggest higher learning institution run by Shanghai Municipality in 1994.
Shanghai, often abbreviated as Hu or Shen, is one of the four direct-controlled municipalities of the People’s Republic of China. It is the most populous city proper in the world, with a population of more than 24 million as of 2014. It is a global financial centre and transport hub, with the world’s busiest container port.
Application Deadline: 15 April 2017
Open to International Applicants: Yes