Applications are invited from members of the University of Oxford for the Theodor Heuss Research Fellowship. The successful candidate will undertake research in a field of their choice at any university or research institution in Germany. Home/EU and Overseas applicants are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
The University’s international reputation for world-leading research and resources attracts students from all over the world. The University is fully integrated into the city of Oxford in a dynamic relationship that has been evolving for over 800 years.
Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue research programme.
Study Subject: The successful candidate will undertake research in a field of their choice at any university or research institution in Germany.
Scholarship Award: The holder of the Fellowship will receive a monthly maintenance grant (currently €1,150 for doctoral students or €2,650 for postdoctoral fellows; this includes a mobility allowance and a subsidy towards the costs of medical and liability insurance). In addition, payments are provided to cover travel expenses, and all university or institution fees will be paid on the Fellow’s behalf (he or she may have to pay a compulsory Students’ Union fee). Upon application, a family allowance may also be paid.
Scholarship can be taken in the Germany
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
|Nationality:||All nationalities, however preference will be given to those who have not already enjoyed an extended period of schooling or education in Germany|
|Fee status:||Home/EU and Overseas|
|Level of study:||Graduate (normally advanced doctoral or postdoctoral students)|
|Year of study:||All years|
|Other criteria:||Candidates should normally be registered for a doctoral degree at the University of Oxford at the time of application. Applications will also be considered from those who have completed an Oxford doctoral degree within the last 12 months and have embarked on a post-doctoral research project at OxfordCandidates will normally be expected to show a reasonable proficiency in the use of the German language, but a further grant may be made available to candidates who do not have a good knowledge of German, to enable them to attend a language course in Germany before the beginning of their stayCandidates’ proposed programmes of research must be such that they can best be carried out at a German university or other institution of higher learning. Successful candidates will be those whose studies and personal development have most to gain from a period of study or research in Germany
Applicants are advised to contact their proposed host institution before submitting their application
Nationality:Home/EU and Overseas applicants are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have their previous degree.
English language Requirements: Candidates will normally be expected to show a reasonable proficiency in the use of the German language, but a further grant may be made available to candidates who do not have a good knowledge of German, to enable them to attend a language course in Germany before the beginning of their stay.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online. Please note that you will not be able to save and return to the online application later, and it is therefore recommended that you have below information ready when starting the application process.
As part of the online application you will be asked to submit the following supporting information:
- Personal statement on your current research, proposed study abroad and explanation outlining how the period abroad would be relevant to your future career plans (500 words)
- Names and contact details of two referees. Your referees will be contacted automatically by email and asked to submit a reference as soon as you submit your application. Therefore please ensure you seek their approval to be nominated as a referee in advance. It is your responsibility to ensure that your referees submit their references by the deadline.
- Budget breakdown showing the proposed monthly costs for the period of study abroad, including registration/tuition fees where applicable
- CV including a list of publications (if any), prizes, and academic history (full details of school and university education), along with a statement of your extra-curricular activities and interests
- Copies of transcripts for current and previous university education
- Proof of any correspondence with the host institution regarding your proposed attachment, if available
Application Deadline: Fellowship application deadline is February 3, 2017.