The Curtin University is offering scholarships for international students. Scholarships are awarded in the field of Humanities, Health Sciences, Curtin Business School and Science & Engineering.
The Curtin Humanitarian Fund has been developed by Curtin University to support Curtin undergraduate and postgraduate students from a refugee-like background who are experiencing financial difficulty in meeting the costs of pursuing higher education.
Curtin University is an Australian public research university based in Bentley, Perth, Western Australia. The university is named after the 14th Prime Minister of Australia, John Curtin, and is the largest university in Western Australia, with over 58,000 students.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate coursework programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Humanities, Health Sciences, Curtin Business School and Science & Engineering.
Scholarship Award: The Curtin Humanitarian Fund will provide a range of awards to support educational costs. The award amount will be dependant on the circumstances of the individual recipient.
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: Applicants must meet ALL of the following criteria to be eligible to apply for a Curtin Humanitarian Fund Scholarship:
1- Holder of one of the following classes of visas:
- Bridging Visa E holder in Australia
- Temporary Protection Visa (subclass 785)
- Safe Haven Enterprise Visa (subclass 790)
2- Currently residing within Australia
3-Received a full offer of admission into:
- An undergraduate degree at Curtin University in semester 1, 2018 or
- A postgraduate (masters by coursework) degree at Curtin University in semester 1 or trimester 1, 2018
4-Be from a refugee-like background, or the relative of such a person, who experienced forced migration and may have entered Australia in a number of ways including:
- Off-shore approved refugee or humanitarian entrant
- Onshore, community-based Asylum Seeker or refugee
- Temporary Protection Visa holder
- Family reunion
5-Able to provide details of refugee background
Nationality: International Students are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
How to Apply: Applications can be submitted in person, post or via fax. Application process
- Step 1: Download: Application form and guide available to download from right-hand side of this page when scholarship is open for application
- Step 2: Complete: Important information such as formatting and documentation requirements are detailed in the application guide
- Step 3: Submit: Closing date listed at top of page and on application form, Late or incomplete applications will be assessed as unsuccessful
- Step 4: Receipt: Application receipt will be sent to the email listed on application form within 10 working days of receiving application
- Step 5: Assessment: Applications will be assessed by an assessment panel using the following criteria: Responses to questions in application form, Demonstrated financial hardship and Evidence of refugee status/background
- Step 6: Outcome: Outcome sent via email listed in application form in mid-January 2018 (all successful and unsuccessful applicants notified)
- Step 7: Acceptance: Successful applicants must return acceptance documents by end-January 2018, Deferral of this scholarship is not permitted
Application Deadline: The application deadline is November 17, 2017.
Want Scholarships Like this Straight To Your Inbox?