The MRC Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine (WIMM) is offering fully funded PhD studentships at the University of Oxford. These studentships are open to outstanding students of any nationality.
The mission of the MRC Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine (WIMM) is to undertake internationally competitive research into the processes underlying normal cell and molecular biology and to determine the mechanisms by which these processes are perturbed in inherited and acquired human diseases.
Course Level: Studentships are awarded to learn any of the subjects offered by the university.
Study Subject: Studentships are offered for PhD level of study at the University of Oxford.
Scholarship Award: Studentship awards:
- Studentships are fully funded for 4 years and include a stipend of £18,000pa, University and College fees.
- There is no rotation in the first year.
- A CV should be uploaded which includes your final year school results and full details of your research experience.
- You will need to ensure that your referees are willing and able to write a reference for you. We must receive your references no later than the application deadline. It is your responsibility to ensure that your references are submitted on time.
- You will need to pay the application fee for each programme to which you make an application. The fee is currently £75 and can be paid by credit/debit card through the University’s online shop. If you do not have access to a bank account and are unable to pay by card, you should contactGraduate Admissions and Funding for guidance as soon as you have decided to apply.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
Applicants must have a First Class or 2.1 degrees (UK) or the equivalent degree from an overseas university (EU/overseas students can contact the National Academic Recognition Information Centre (UK NARIC) to work out the equivalency of their degree.
How to Apply: All applications must be made using the University’s online application form.
Specific details required in the application form:
- Programme -“DPhil in Medical Sciences”
- Proposed Field and Title of Research: Please list up to 3 project numbers from the list below.
- Supervisor: List the relevant project supervisors. Applicants are encouraged to contact prospective supervisors.
- Statement of Purpose/Research Proposal: All applicants are to submit a personal statement with their application(500 words max; any statements exceeding this limit will not be considered). You should head the personal statement with the numbers, titles and supervisors of the projects for which you are applying. The statement of purpose should cover your previous research experience, the personal qualities that you will bring to the research project and your motivation for pursuing research in the field(s) that you have selected. Pease notes that we are more interested in your scientific background and motivation than personal experiences. A research proposal is not required.
- If you are applying for both the RDM Scholars Programme and the WIMM Prize Studentship you can submit one statement of purpose to cover both or two separate statements.(Please note that the online application form will only permit one upload, so please combine them into a single PDF file before upload.) If you choose to submit two separate statements you should note that both statements will be included when the application is sent for assessment.
- Applying for a Departmental Scholarship: Please add here “WIMM H816027” — IMPORTANT if also applying for the RDM Scholars Programme please also put “RDM SCHOLARS 17”. Do not make a separate application for each scholarship/studentship.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is January 6, 2017.
Want Scholarships Like this Straight To Your Inbox?